Friday, May 7, 2010

Joy: A Hodgepodge of resources!

For today, a few resources:


1) Other6.com: Website that asks two questions: 1) Where did you find God today? and 2) Where did you need to find God today? It was started by LoyolaPress, so yes, it's Jesuit. ;) Like Twitter, posts are limited to space, so they are short, but packed with insights and prayers.


2) I read this in American Magazine, an article called Seeding Cyberspace, about Paul & Blogging and how the Church fits into the cyber world, written by Lori Erikson.  Gina presented a workshop at the recent Cabrini Leadership Conference called eMission: What Would Mother Cabrini Tweet? And this article by Erikson reminded me of it. Erikson is a blogger at The Holy Rover. Check her out. Lots of ties with Eastern Religions, too. :)


3) If I were to make a soundtrack of this second year of being a Cabrini Mission Corps missioner, this would definitely be on it: "My Offering" by Nichole Nordeman. It's all about using the gifts we have and offering those for God and those around us. Non-comparison. Appreciation of self. Just wanting to praise God. The images in this video are a little cheesy, but nevertheless, the music is there. (I'd recommend just not looking at the video-- just listening.) "My Offering" on YouTube.com.


4) Lastly, a book that I absolutely LOVE! Holiness & the Feminine Spirit: The Art of Janet McKenzie. It is a collection of images and reflections by various writers on the art of this phenomenal and visionary artist. Contributing authors include Sisters Helen Prejean, Joan Chittister, Wendy Beckett (I want to meet her!)... and of course, Joyce Rupp.  You can browse through the book HERE. I very much connect with the images. Here is one (that I also noticed at the CYFM retreat house in Garrison, NY).  Another original painting of hers is of the Holy Family and I saw it at Ignatius of Loyola Jesuit house on 84th and Park. So, her artwork keeps popping up in my life! :)


Peace in (never out!),
-Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment