Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Joy: Sherminators in NYC

Even though it was almost a month ago, with Father's Day around the corner and my mother's birthday also coming up, I thought it would be appropriate to show some images that were taken when about 1/2 of my family was in town... :)

The weekend of May 15th, 16th, & 17th, my parents, my sister Addie, and my sister Joey came to visit! (Unfortunately, my five other siblings were unable to come. :( ) However, we had such a wonderful time with the five of us! Here is a runthrough of our weekend:
(Thanks to my dad for the pictures!)

First stop: Mother Cabrini Shrine & High School! :)
This is the Shrine that is connected to the high school, so this is where all of the school Liturgies are. It was so special to be able to share this place with my family! In the back of the Chapel, you will see the mosaic that tells the story of Mother Cabrini. Her body is contained below the altar.
 

Stained Glass Window at the back of the Shrine:

Next was Sushi: 50% off your order @ Sushi Lounge on St. Mark's & Ave. A. :)

Staten Island Ferry! One of my favorite things to do in NYC. :) 
Free & Beautiful!
Waiting for the Ferry... Kudos to my dad for capturing a classic Sherman family moment on film:

Relaxing @ Columbus Community! 

On Sunday morning, Mary, Crystal, Addie, and I made breakfast of French toast, Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, and other goodies! :) (Thanks to Mary for the pictures!)


 The Today Show! (Yeah, Al & Anne!)

Times Square-- Up on the American Eagle Screen! (Who 'dat?!)


Thanks family! Being apart from my family for the past six years has made me much more appreciative of the time we do spend together.

           Prayer for Families: 
            
          God made us a family.
            We need one another.
            We love one another.
            We forgive one another.
            We work together.
            We play together.
            We worship together.
            Together we use God's word.
            Together we grow in Christ.
            Together we love all people.
            Together we serve our God.
            Together we hope for heaven.
            These are our hopes and ideals.
            Help us to attain them,
            O God, through Jesus Christ our Lord.


No comments:

Post a Comment